Employers that continue to test workers for Covid-19 should review their policies to ensure they comply with updated guidelines released Tuesday by the EEOC.
1. Mandatory COVID-19 Screening is Still Permissible If Certain Criteria Are Met
2. Antibody Tests Are Not Permitted as a Condition of Re-Entering the Workplace
3. COVID-19 Screening Questionnaires Are Still Broadly Permitted
4. You May Require ‘Return-to-Work’ Confirmation from a Medical Professional
5. You May Screen Job Applicants for COVID-19 Symptoms
6. You Should Carefully Consider the Circumstances Before Withdrawing a Job Offer
7. You Should Review Compliance with Other Employment Laws